Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Guest Room Reveal



Above is a picture of my guest room soon after my husband and I moved into our house.  I really love this furniture.  All of the pieces are 1930's Art Deco Waterfall.  My grandmother bought all of it and gave it to me for my college graduation gift.  Needless to say, I was extremely grateful.  Unfortunately, the bed is a double which makes it too small for the couples who stay with us.  My husband and I discussed it and finally decided we really needed a queen.


What I like about this headboard is its versatility.  The bed and the headboard are the only pieces I bought for this room.  Everything else was around the house.


I was ready to have some color.  I thought the guest room would be a good place to experiment because I don't go in here everyday.  So if I didn't like it, I didn't have to see it often.  I chose a bright blue and I really love how it combines with the warm colors in the quilt.

The sides of the day bed under the picture windows are two twin size headboards.  When I first got them they were an ugly metallic finish.  I spray painted them antique white and love how they came out.


The trunk was originally my great-grandmother's.  I'm lucky to have a family that doesn't throw a lot away.


Because the trunk is under the window, I covered the top with a quilt I made to protect it from fading.  I didn't make the quilt for this room but the colors worked so well.  Don't you love it when things just work out?  I guess that's what happens when you collect things that you really love.  Somehow it all comes together.

Linking with
Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment